Position Title: Graduate Assistant, Learning and Outreach Unit
Reports to: Dr. Leila Rod-Welch, Outreach Services Librarian/Associate Professor of Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 10 hours per week, beginning August 21, 2017 and ending December 15, 2017. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 10 hours per week, beginning January 8, 2018 and ending May 4, 2018. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Half assistantship salary for 2017-18 is $2,560 per semester.
- Salary is prorated on a weekly basis for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
As a Graduate Assistant, you will assist with research and some outreach activities. Your duties may include:
- Assisting with instruction, outreach programs, events, tours, and presentations related to library outreach
- Organizing de-stressing activities such as therapy dogs during the last two weeks of each semester
- Participating in orientations/fairs on behalf of the Outreach Services Librarian
- Collaborating with other library units, university departments, and/or community organizations on projects related to library outreach
- Working with the Rod Library PR Coordinator for advertising outreach activities
- Presenting at the New Hire Orientation every second Wednesday of the month
- Assisting with collection development of the CIEP and ESL Collection and assessing potential titles for purchase
- Assisting the Outreach Services Librarian with research projects, literature searches, writing literature reviews or other parts of manuscripts, editing of grammar, punctuation, and spelling of manuscripts
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate assistants must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong computer skills
- Be able to perform well without supervision and in a timely manner
- Be detail oriented, motivated, and organized
- B.A. degree in English, Education, or other related field
- Strong writing, editing, and professional communication skills
- Knowledgeable about library resources
- Organized, self-directed, and enthusiastic
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships) and send your cover letter and resume to Leila Rod-Welch at email@example.com
Applications received by March 21, 2017 will be given preferential consideration. Interviews will take place March 27th – 29th.