Rod Library Diversity Statement
Rod Library recognizes diversity as the broad range of experiences and backgrounds our community brings together to create a rich learning environment. We support the university’s vision of celebrating individuality while creating an inclusive community.
Our goal is to empower all users to learn and grow together in a welcoming and safe climate. We seek to do so through our spaces, resources, services, and staff.
Rod Library Diversity Committee
The 2018-2019 Library Diversity Committee members are Linda McLaury (chair), Nathan Arndt, Carol Carey, Hyunseung Koh. Becky Kriz, Jaycie Vos and Cindy Bancroft (ex officio)
Our charge is to "provide leadership in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion by promoting an understanding of diversity, monitoring how the library integrates diversity into its programs and services, and suggesting ways the library can build on its commitment to foster an inclusive university community that embraces and respects differences."
Events & Initiatives
We understand that diversity and inclusion are essential to our everyday life in the library. To further this work, we also coordinate special events, initiatives, and programs. Some recent examples include:
- Cultural Competence Training- Serving Muslim Students
- UNI Edits Wikipedia: People of Color
- UNI Military & Veteran Honor Photo Exhibit
- Staff participation in University Diversity Common Reads
- Programs for library employees about microaggressions, Title IX, stereotyping, Student Disability Services, and other relevant campus topics
For more information about diversity & inclusion at UNI: