Position Title: Graduate Research Assistant
Reports to: Dr. Leila Rod-Welch, Outreach Services Librarian/Associate Professor of Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 10 hours per week, beginning August 20, 2018 and ending December 14, 2018. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 10 hours per week, beginning January 14, 2019 and ending May 10, 2019. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Half assistantship salary for 2018-19 is $2,588 per semester.
- Salary is prorated on a weekly basis for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving break, Spring break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
As a research assistant, you will assist with research and some outreach activities. Your duties may include:
- Organize de-stressing activities such as therapy dogs during the last two weeks of each semester
- Participate in student orientations, resource fairs, and new hire orientations
- Conduct and write literature reviews or other parts of manuscripts
- Analyze data using SPSS, proofreading, and editing
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate assistants must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Evidence o strong written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledgeable about library resources and possess strong computer skills.
- Be detailed oriented, organized, and a self-starter who is able to perform well without supervision and in a timely manner.
- Cover letter and resume is required (please send your cover letter to Leila Rod-Welch at email@example.com)
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong computer skills
- Be able to perform well without supervision and in a timely manner
- Be detail oriented, motivated, and organized
- B.A. degree in English, Education, or other related field
- Strong writing, editing, and professional communication skills
- Knowledgeable about library resources
- Organized, self-directed, and enthusiastic
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships) and send your cover letter and resume to Leila Rod-Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received by June 21, 2018 will be given full consideration.