Position Title: Graduate Assistant, Youth Collection
Reports to: Katelyn Browne, Youth Services Librarian, Rod Library Learning & Research Division
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week, beginning August 26, 2019 and ending December 20, 2019. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 20 hours per week, beginning January 13, 2020 and ending May 8, 2020. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Half-time assistantship salary for 2019-20 is $2,642 per semester. Full-time assistantship salary for 2019-20 is $5,284 per semester.
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu.proxy.lib.uni.edu/assistantships/
- Staffing the Youth Services desk; providing reference assistance to library patrons using the Youth Collection
- Creating and updating content in print documents and on the Youth Collection website (including editing of grammar, punctuation, and spelling)
- Creating surveys and aggregating, reporting, and analyzing results
- Assisting with collection development, assessing potential titles for purchase, and/or tracking trends in children's publishing
- Assisting with instruction, outreach programs, events, and/or Youth Collection introductory tours and tutorials
- Assisting the Youth Services Librarian with research projects
- Collaborating with other library units, university departments, and/or community organizations on projects related to the Youth Collection
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship
- Maintain a UNI cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.00. A newly admitted graduate student must have at least a 3.0 GPA for undergraduate or previous graduate work of at least 8 graded credit hours.
- B.A. degree in English, Education, or other related field
- Experience in public service and/or library work
- Strong writing, editing, and professional communication skills
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about children's and/or young adult literature
- Knowledgeable about library resources
- Proactive about asking questions and implementing feedback
Application Process and Deadline: To apply, email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu.proxy.lib.uni.edu/assistantships), along with a resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, education, skills and/or interest to Katelyn Browne, (Youth Services Librarian, Rod Library): email@example.com.
Applications received by 5:00 p.m. on November 8, 2019 will be given preferential consideration.
|Consideration Date|| |
Friday, November 8, 2019
|Position type|| |