Rod Library annually awards Undergraduate Research Awards to recognize and celebrate the extraordinary research, scholarship, and creative work of UNI’s undergraduate students thanks to a generous donation by Mary Ann Bolton (Class of 1970). The awards are given to students who demonstrate excellence in library research conducted in support of an undergraduate paper or project carried out under the guidance of a UNI Faculty member or approved mentor.
Three awards will be given:
- First Place - $1,000
- Second Place - $500
- Third Place - $250
To see past award winners, visit the Mary Ann Bolton Undergraduate Research Award page in ScholarWorks.
- Full time, undergraduate students at UNI from any major are eligible to participate. Students who graduated in summer or fall 2018 are welcome to apply.
- Projects must have been completed for a UNI credit-bearing course OR for a faculty-mentored project, in any format or medium (e.g., print, video, painting, photograph, website, mobile application).
- Projects must have been completed no earlier than spring semester 2018.
- Projects must be original work, not previously published, and not co-authored.
- Individual and group projects are eligible. Each student will be judged individually for group projects.
Submission Process and Guidelines:
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
- An online application form
- Upload the following through the application form:
- Personal Essay: 800 – 1,200 words describing the library or archival research, literature review and resources used in preparing to complete the project.
- A final version of the research project including a complete bibliography of library resources. The award winner will be encouraged to have their essay and project made publicly accessible through UNI ScholarWorks.
- Letter of support from a faculty member familiar with the applicant and his/her project.
Please note: All final projects and the essay must be submitted electronically in order to be considered.
The evaluation rubric will be shared here at a later date.
- Application deadline: March 30, 2019
- Awardees notified by email: TBD
- Award Ceremony and Reception: TBD
Questions? Email email@example.com