Search the Rod Library Website
College Hill Interdenominational Church. Records, 1926-1966
Title: College Hill Interdenominational Church. Records, 1926-1966
Record Series: MsC-5
Creator: College Hill Interdenominational Church
Extent: 3.753 linear feet plus one item, 10 boxes.
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: This material is entirely in English.
Access and Use
Accessing the Collection:
There are no restrictions on the use of this material.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item] in the College Hill Interdenominational Church Records, 1926-1966, Manuscript Record Series MsC-5, [box and folder number], University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa
The collection of papers was likely gathered by Reference Librarian and Archivist Mary Dieterich and transferred to the University of Northern Iowa Archives shortly after the church ceased to operate in 1966.
Scope and Content
This collection contains information about the College Hill Interdenominational Church. It includes financial material, correspondence, secretary books, minutes of meetings, and church programs.
Parish register; church clerk' s books, 1926-46
Church clerk's books, 1945-47, 1951-66
Board of trustees' minutes, 1949-60; Church News, 1951-54; board secretary book, 1963-64; congregation meeting minutes, 1948-63; treasurer's books, 1927-45
Boxes 5 and 6
Church correspondence, reports, and business including: Bunhard correspondence, budget, chapel speakers, choir, Constitution and ISTC Agreement, controversy of 1938, financial drive, financial report, general correspondence, History of CHIC, Loken correspondence; membership; new pastor search, sermons, student-led chapel
Women's Circle secretary books, 1938-65; pastor's annual report,1939-48, 1950-53
Boxes 8 and 9
Chapel service programs, 1937, 1943-65
Phillip Jennings correspondence, 1959-65; cash receipts journal, 1945-60; cash totals journal, 1945-66; pledge account records, 1947-60; subscription pledge cards, 1960 and 1963; treasurer's records, 1965-67. Women's Circle Records, 1945-65.
Collection processed by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson; Web finding aid coded by Library Assistant Susan A. Basye, February 1998; updated, September 26, 2013 (GP). Updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, October 2017. Linear feet count updated on August 9, 2017.