Search the Rod Library Website
Miles V. Zintz Collection, ca. 1946-1957
Title: Miles V. Zintz Collection, ca. 1946-1957
Record Series: 13/03/02/03
Creator: Miles V. Zintz
Date: ca. 1946-1957
Extent: 1.5 linear feet, 2 boxes
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: This material is entirely in English.
Access and Use
Accessing the Collection:
There are no restrictions on the use of this material.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item] in the Miles V. Zintz Collection,ca. 1946-1957, Archives Record Series 13/03/13, [box and folder number], University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access. Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Miles V. Zintz (1918-1989) served on the University of Northern Iowa education faculty from 1946-1957. He then resigned and pursued his career at the University of New Mexico. This collection was donated to the University of Northern Iowa Archives in August 2015.
Scope and Content
This collection includes Professor Zintz's book-length publications and some educational testing material.
- Zintz, Miles V. Education across cultures. William C. Brown: Dubuque, 1963.
- Zintz, Miles V. Education across cultures. Kendall/Hunt: Dubuque, 1969.
- Tonjes, Marian J. and Zintz, Miles V. Teaching reading thinking study skills. William C. Brown: 1992.
- Zintz, Miles V. Corrective reading. William C. Brown: Dubuque, 1966.
- Bowren, Fay F. and Zintz, Miles V. Teaching reading in adult basic education. William C. Brown: Dubuque, 1977.
- Jewell, Margareet Greer and Zintz, Miles V. Learning to read and write naturally. Kendall/Hunt: Dubuque, 1990.
- Zintz, Miles V. The reading process. William C. Brown: Dubuque, 1970.
- Maggart, Zelda R. and Zintz, Miles V. The reading process; the teachers and the learner. Brown and Benchmark, 1992.
- Terman, Lewis M. and Merrill, Maud A. Measuring intelligence. Houghton Mifflin: Boston, 1937.
Testing material forms: picture vocabulary, discrimination of forms, and pictorial likenesses and differences. Used in "a research study of Indian children in the public elementary school, College of Education, University of New Mexico".
Revised Stanford-Binet Scales, Terman and Merrill. Complete test material for Form L. Used in "a research study of Indian children in the public elementary school, College of Education, University of New Mexico".
Collection processed by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, August 28, 2015. Updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, December 2017 and April 2018. Linear feet updated September 10, 2017.