Search the Rod Library Website
Robert D. Koob. Papers, 1995-2006
Title: Robert D. Koob. Papers, 1995-2006
Record Series: 02/08/02
Creator: Robert D. Koob
Extent: 2.92 linear feet, 7 boxes
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: This material is entirely in English.
Access and Use
Accessing the Collection:
There are no restrictions on the use of this material.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item] in the Robert D. Koob Papers, 1995-2006, Archives Record Series 02/08/02, [box and folder number], University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access. Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Robert D. Koob graduated from the State College of Iowa, now the University of Northern Iowa, in 1962 with a Bachelor of Arts in chemistry (teaching). He returned to the University of Northern Iowa in 1995 to serve as President. He continued in that capacity until 2006.
A short biographical sketch of Dr. Koob may be found here
Scope and Content
The material in Boxes 1-4 arrived in the University Archives in small increments over the years. The contents of Boxes 5-7 arrived in one shipment. Researchers should note that there is some repetition of subject coverage between the contents of the first four boxes and Boxes 5-7.
This collection gives a good picture of President Koob's interest in community service and university outreach.
- Biographical information
- AASCU activities, 1998
- State and federal government relations--goals and priorities for President Koob, 1995-1996
- College of Education five-year budget and enrollment report for President Koob, 1998
- College of Business Administration faculty profile for President Koob, 1995
- College of Humanities and Fine Arts profile for President Koob, 1995-1996
- Constantine the Philosopher University certificate, on occasion of President Koob's visit, 1997
- Iowa Learns Council, 2003-2004
- Correspondence--Governor Tom Vilsack
- Correspondence--Mary Kramer
- Artwork in President's House, 2005
- 125th anniversity of the University
- Legislative conference calls, 2001
- Community engagement
- Working Together for Results, 2004
- S. E. R. V. E. Project (Service, Ethical Reflections, Vocational Exploration) report, 2001
- UNI strategic plans
- UNI strategic plan reviews
- Cedar Falls strategic plan, 2001
- Waterloo millenium plan, 2001
- Governor Viscack's strategic plan, 2001
- Opportunity Works, 2002
- Opportunity Works, 2001-2004
- AASCU Committee on Economic and Workforce Development, November 2001
- Budget update, 2004
- Cedar Valley's Promise, 1998-2004
- Des Moines Higher Education Collaborative, 2004
- Iowa Business Council, 2001-2004
- Iowa Empowerment Board, 2001-2002
- Opportunity Works, 2002-2003
- Renaissance Group meetings, 2001-2001
- Seerley Hall office renovations, 2001
Collection processed and described by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, April 25, 2011; updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, April 2017, October 2017, and February 2018 (dh). Linear Feet updated August 8, 2017.