Title: Robley Wilson, Jr. Papers, ca. 1963-2000
Archives Record Series: 14/03/16
Creator: Robley Wilson
Date: ca. 1963-2000
Extent: 0.209 linear feet, 1 box
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: This material is entirely in English.
Access and Use: There are no restrictions on the use of this material.
Preferred citation: [Identification of item] in the Robley Wilson Jr. Papers, ca. 1963-2000, Archives Record Series 14/03/16, [folder number], University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa
Robley Wilson, Jr. (born 1930) was a professor in the English Department at UNI from 1963-1996. From 1969-2000, he edited the award-winning North American Review. He is a writer who has published six short story collections, three poetry collections and a chapbook, and four novels.
Professor Wilson now lives in Florida.
Short story collections:
- The Pleasures of Manhood (1977)
- Living Alone (1978)
- Dancing for Men (1983)
- Terrible Kisses (1989)
- The Book of Lost Fathers (2001)
- Who Will Hear Your Secrets? (2012)
- Kingdoms of the Ordinary (1986)
- A Pleasure Tree (1990)
- A Walk Through the Human Heart (chapbook, 1996)
- Everything Paid For (1999)
- The Victim’s Daughter (1991)
- Splendid Omens (2004)
- The World Still Melting (2005)
- After Paradise (forthcoming, 2017)
It is unknown when his papers were donated to Special Collections & University Archives. They contain the following material.
Folder 1: List of publications
- Esquire magazine, with one of his short stories
- Reviews of his works
- Several photocopied short stories
- One story in manuscript
Folder 3: Manuscript for apparently unpublished short story collection Weights and Measures
Finding aid created by Library Associate Dave Hoing, July 2017. Updated January 2018 (dh). Linear Feet updated September 13, 2017.