- The Youth Collection will be closed before 9:00 a.m. on weekdays. Otherwise, we are open during all library hours.
- We are not staffing our reference desk or helping patrons face-to-face. To get help, you can
- chat with us using the widget on the right (desktop) or top (mobile) of the page. If a Youth staff member is not available, your chat will go to general Library Services staff.
- e-mail Katelyn Browne, Youth Services Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 319-273-6166 (M-F, 8:00-4:30)
- make a Zoom appointment with Katelyn
- refer to our Youth Book Lists and Class Resources or Rod Library's Frequently Asked Questions
- get in touch with the main Library Services Desk
This page will be updated as we have other Youth-specific changes to announce. For information about general Rod Library practices during the covid-19 pandemic, see Forward Together: Library Reopening Information.
The Youth Collection, designed for the adult study of children's and young adult literature, contains more than 20,000 trade books, related reference sources, and a growing number of materials in electronic formats. Although a small historical collection is maintained, the focus of the Youth Collection is on recently published materials representing many genres, curriculum areas, and grades PK-12.
Staff are responsible for development of children’s/young adult materials, providing reference service for patrons using those materials, providing bibliographic instruction for patrons using those materials, maintaining and evaluating the collection, and serving as a professional resource for Iowa educators.