Visitor Borrowing Information
- Persons not associated with UNI may check out library materials by filling out a form at Library Services and obtaining a free Visitor's Courtesy Card, valid for one year. This card allows visitors to check out up to 10 items at a time. Applicants must provide a valid form of identification and a Social Security Number (in order to generate your UNI ID number).
- A Visitor Card does not allow off-campus access to all library databases. The library does have a small selection of databases available to the general public.
- Visitors will not have access to any Adobe products while in the building.
- Visitors under the age of 18 may only acquire a visitor's card if they bring a note from their high school media specialist or instructor indicating a need for the card, and the specific time period the card is needed.
- Guest WiFi access must adhere to IT Terms and Conditions.
Loan Periods for Visitors
Rod Library does not charge late fees on library materials. Once an item has reached its maximum overdue limit, patrons will be billed a replacement fee and a non-refundable processing fee. If a patron has an overdue item that has been recalled, all borrowing privileges will be blocked. Borrowing privileges will be immediately reinstated once the recalled material is returned. Items may be returned up to one year after the original due date to receive a refund for the replacement fee. Refunds are not given if an item is returned over one year past the due date.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Renewal|
|3 week||One-1 week|
|Bound Periodicals||1 day||None|
|Current issues of periodicals||Building Use Only||Not Applicable|
|Microforms||Building Use Only||Not Applicable|
|Permanent Reserve||Building Use Only||Not Applicable|
|Youth materials||1 week||Two- 7 day|
|Interlibrary Loan||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|