Rod Library is committed to student success and protecting the health and safety of UNI students, faculty, and staff, and the Cedar Valley Community.
On this page:
- What to Expect on Your Next Visit
- Safety Precautions
- Resources and Services
- Other Important Links
- Contact Us
What to Expect on Your Next Visit
On your next visit to the library, you will see a few visible changes to spaces, services, and signage. A few things you may notice will be hand sanitizing stations at entrances to the building, signage encouraging social distancing, and healthy hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing. You will also still find the helpful, friendly staff of Rod Library waiting to assist you and help you navigate any changes or find alternatives to meet you where you are. Rod Library staff cares about the UNI community and are here to help find the resources you need.
Safety precautions were adopted at the library to prioritize the health and safety of our community, following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, other state and federal agencies, and the University of Northern Iowa guidelines. Rod Library follows safety precautions by increasing cleaning and sanitizing, by providing self-cleaning supplies at locations around the building and hand sanitizer at entrances, and transaction barriers at service points. We have also spaced furniture to allow for social distancing.
- Library Services Desk: Transaction barriers and social distancing reminders were added to the Library Service Desk on the main floor of the library.
- IRTS (HNI Corporation Instructional Resources & Technology Services): IRTS is also following best practices in handling materials, implementing social distance changes, and increasing safety precautions, such as installing transition barriers at the service desk.
- Spaces: Seating and study spaces throughout the library were shifted or removed to maintain social distancing recommendations. Computers, group work areas, and study rooms are still available throughout the library. Students are encouraged to practice preventative actions, such as frequent hand washing, and following social distancing recommendations of maintaining 6' distance from others.
Resources and Services
The library will continue offering remote resources, access to our physical collections, and in-person services to best meet your needs. Both the Rod Library and IRTS have adjusted hours of operation to accommodate these changes as well.
Popular in-person service:
- Checking out laptops from the Library Service desk
- Reserving a study room for online classes or classroom work
Alternative or Anywhere services:
- Curbside Pickup
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- Holds and Paging Services
- Library Support for Faculty
- OneSearch library online resources
- Online live chat and AskUs! for research help
Additionally, due to the nature of the collections and layout of the physical space, the following temporary changes have been made to the services in our unique collections:
- Special Collections and University Archives reading room and collection will be available by appointment only.
- Service desks on the third floor (Youth Collection) and fourth floor (Fine and Performing Arts Collection) have been temporarily closed. Library materials from these areas may be checked out at the Library Services desk. Stop by the Library Services desk if you have questions or need research assistance, or AskUs online.
Other Important Links
During this time Rod Library would like to emphasize that we are committed to your success and meeting you where you are. If you have further questions, suggestions, or comments feel free to contact us.