The Rod Library Ambassadors program shares the library's experience with current and prospective students, their families, and the UNI community. These volunteers will advocate for the perspectives of students through conversation and example. The program promotes the integration of Rod Library into the campus community and serves as a team-building experience for students. If you are interested in a Library Ambassador representing the library at your event, please contact the email provided below.
- Boost student leadership and partnership skills
- Improve library awareness and research aptitude
- Network with the UNI community
- Strengthen student's resume
Projects and Events
- Represent the library at Panther Open House and Up-Close Days
- Attend campus events as a Library Ambassador representative
- Provide feedback and suggestions for library improvements
- Conduct library tours
- Initiate other projects
- Support UNI Now
Responsibilities, Meetings, and Training
- 10 Volunteer hours each semester
- Monthly one-hour group meetings
- Training dependent on projects and students selected
- Enthusiasm for serving Rod Library
- Full-time enrollment with a GPA of 3.0
- Completion of online form
- Letter of reference
The Library Ambassadors Interest Group (comprised of Rod Library faculty and staff) oversees this program.
Contact email@example.com or 319-273-6256 with questions.