We're excited to launch the latest updates to the Rod Library website! Here are the major changes to the user experience:
1. The login prompts have been removed from the homepage, as they were confusing to some users.
2. The Databases A-Z pages have been moved to their own separate website, for increased reliability and availability.
3. We created a new Student Employment Portal for processing new student job applications, and pushed all student employment content to that portal.
4. 3D Printing requests are now handled via a standalone website dedicated to special printing.
5. We simplified the main navigation links; hopefully you'll find them easier on the eye and scannable.
6. We also simplified the sidebar navigation, so you don't see a lot of extra "navigational noise" in places where it's not needed.
7. You can now choose to hide the Social Media panel on the homepage if that's not your thing.
8. A proactive chat box will pop up after you've been on many pages for more than 3 minutes (if the chat service is open).
We hope you find the Rod Library web browsing experience even better than before, and we're constantly looking for input on what you like and don't like about it. Contact Rob Green at email@example.com with your thoughts on the changes!