Introducing the Friends of the UNI Museum lecture series. Our inaugural season will be The Rural Schoolhouse Speakers Series. Be transported back to the era of the one room schoolhouse in Iowa.
Speakers will present the history of rural schools, the teaching and learning experience, and how the school building was once the heart and center of the community at the Marshall Center School at 2301 Indiana Street on UNI's campus. All presentations begin at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 17: Jean Richardson with Insights from Students and Teachers of Iowa's One-Room Schools
- Saturday, August 26: Marilyn Meyer with Clay County Rural School Experiences
- Saturday, October 21: Diane Kruse with A History of Lee County One-Room Schools: Then and Now
- Sunday, December 3: Christmas Traditions in the One-Room School- Family Fun Day activities such as: carol singing, cookie decorating, making ornaments, and more
- Saturday, February 24: Amy Rohrberg and Linda Grimm with The abc Project, Costumes for Volunteers in Marshall Center School
- Saturday, April 28: Sue Grosbol with UNI Museum Collection of AEA Records of One Room Schools in Iowa