Welcome Back, Students!
After a long break, we are so excited to see you all back on campus! As the semester has begun, we wanted to remind you of the guidelines and services Rod Library is maintaining due to COVID-19. To learn more about returning to campus and updates about COVID-19, please visit Forward Together: Protecting our Panthers.
What students have to say about last semester
Students have endured a lot of disruptions to their daily lives over the past couple of semesters. Rod Library strived to continue being a space where students could focus on their academics and feel safe doing it.
Sophia Aguirre, a Junior in public relations, raves about Rod Library and its accessibility. She said, “Being able to have those quiet study spaces were really helpful when I really needed a quiet place. I didn’t have a printer or anything like that in my room, so having it easily accessible at Rod was amazing. It was easily accessible and clean, and I really appreciated that!”
Payton Kelly, a junior in graphic design talked highly about how convenient study rooms are. He said “The Rod Library has really helped me out by providing study rooms to do zoom calls in. I work on campus as well so it would be such a hassle to drive to my apartment every time I have a class on zoom.”
However, some students are taking extra precautions, and Rod Library hears them! Junior Kade Buysse had lots of great things to say about the Rod Library and working with faculty over email. He said, “The Rod Library was great this semester! I had a project for one of my classes where I needed historical documents and images from the university. The archivist that I worked with was amazing and able to point me in the right direction. I appreciated being able to do all of this over email as I am being super cautious with COVID and limiting how much I leave my dorm room.”
What didn’t change
- COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Mandatory mask requirement
- Enforcing and maintaining social distancing
- Study Rooms: Students can reserve up to 3 hours to attend Zoom classes or other studying purposes. These study rooms differentiate by having different amenities like computers, whiteboards, or just a study space. For more information, visit Rod Library Room Scheduler, where students can view and schedule a space. If any additional questions, please chat with the library through the “Chat with Us” feature on Rod Library’s homepage
- Librarian Consultation Appointments: Research consultations are held online through Zoom or phone. To schedule a meeting with a librarian, please visit Make an Appointment! Rod Library is offering consultations with librarians and Special Collections, and University Archives.
- Printing: Rod Library offers their regular printing in the library and free mobile print release where students can send in a print query right from their dorm or wherever they may be. Documents are ready to print immediately from any Panther Print Station on campus. Please make sure to retrieve those print jobs within two hours; otherwise, they may disappear from the query. For more information or step by step instructions, visit Mobile Print Release.
Requests, Holds, and Curbside Pickups
- Requests & Holds: Students can request items for pick up at the service desk or curbside. If an item is unavailable, students may place a hold, so they are next in line for the item. For more information, visit Book Retrieval/Holds or request materials, see Curbside Pickup Service, and follow the step by step directions.
- Curbside pickup: Users can request materials through Rod Library’s online catalog. After materials are ready, an email will notify the user. For more information on specific times and directions, visit Curbside Pickup Service.