UNI Departments can have paper copies of theses and dissertations, as well as other office-copy books or periodicals, bound through the Regent Institutions' binding contract provider, HF Group. Materials must be prepared beforehand by the requesting department.
Please Note: Binding requests for a student's PERSONAL copy of their thesis or dissertation need to go directly to the bindery's website at: http://iowaregents.thesisondemand.com/. Only departmental paper copies can be sent to the bindery via the Library.
Follow this procedure before sending or delivering your departmental binding requests to the Library:
- Fill out the HF Group binding form for each author and/or cover color, to indicate how you would like your thesis bound. NOTE: The bindery will stamp the spine with exactly what is requested on the form, so please be accurate!
- You MUST include your bindery departmental account number on the binding form in order for the bindery to process your request.
- Please insert a piece of colored paper between each thesis copy before placing in a box.
- Include the binding form inside on top. You should make a copy of the form for your records as well.
- Send this box via campus mail to Rod Library-Resource Management, c/o Binding at campus mail code-3675 LIB-240; or you may deliver it to the Library. The Resource Management Unit is located by the Book Bistro dining area.
The Library will send your binding request to the bindery every four weeks with the scheduled shipment. Please note: The Library will not send items for binding during the summer.
When the items return from the bindery, they will be sent via campus mail back to the requesting department. The department will be invoiced directly by the bindery via email. If there is going to be a change in the departmental contact for emailed invoices, please notify Jackie Williams, Rod Library Assistant III (ext. 3-2860). You may also contact her with any questions or concerns with binding.
Cost for binding theses and dissertations is $8.50 per item, book binding is $6.50 and periodical binding is $8.00.