UNI Departments can have paper copies of theses and dissertations, as well as other office-copy books or periodicals, bound through the Regent Institutions' binding contract provider, HF Group. The HF Group has recently acquired Houchen Bindery in Utica, NE where the Regents' binding requests will be processed.
Please Note: Student binding requests for their own PERSONAL copy of their thesis or dissertation need to go directly to the bindery's website at: http://iowaregents.thesisondemand.com/. Only departmental paper copies can be sent to the bindery via the Library.
Follow this procedure before sending or delivering your departmental binding requests to the Library:
- Fill out the HF Group binding form for each author and/or cover color--Please note the following cover colors have been discontinued and will no longer be available for future orders: Dark Red (188), Orange (290), Gold (370), Lime Green (478), Plum (630), and Dark Grey (943). The bindery will stamp the spine with exactly what is requested on the form, so accuracy is a must! Please type the request instead of hand write it so the bindery understands exactly what you want on the spine.
- You MUST include your bindery departmental account number on the binding form in order for the bindery to process your request. This can be found on the top right side of the form. If you do not know your three-digit departmental account number, please contact Jackie Williams at 3-2860 or via email at Jackie.Williams@uni.edu.
- Please insert a piece of colored paper between each thesis copy before placing in a box.
- Include the binding form inside on top. You should make a copy of the form for your records as well.
- Send this box via campus mail to Rod Library-Resource Management, c/o Binding at campus mail code-3675 LIB-240A. Please send your request at least two days before the scheduled shipment to allow staff time for preparation and packing. Note: Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, please do not deliver thesis binding requests in person.
The Library will send your binding request to the bindery every four weeks with the scheduled shipment. Note: The current shipment schedule is subject to change per the bindery. The next proposed bindery pickup dates are March 25, April 21, May 19, 2021.
When the items return from the bindery, they will be sent via campus mail back to the requesting department. The department will be invoiced directly by the bindery via email. If there is going to be a change in the departmental contact for emailed invoices, please notify Jackie Williams (ext. 3-2860) or Jackie.Williams@uni.edu. You may also contact her with any questions or concerns with binding.
Cost for binding theses and dissertations is $10.50 per item, book binding is $8.50 and periodical binding is $10.80.