UNI Departments can have departmental copies of theses and dissertations, as well as other office-copy books or periodicals, bound through the Regent Institutions' binding contract provider, HF Group. Materials must be prepared beforehand by the requesting department.
Please follow this procedure before sending or delivering your departmental binding requests to the Library:
- Fill out the HF Group binding form for each author and/or cover color, to indicate how you would like your thesis bound. NOTE: the bindery will stamp the spine with exactly what is requested on the form, so you need to be accurate!
- You MUST include your bindery departmental account number on the binding form in order for the bindery to process your request.
- Please insert a piece of colored paper between each thesis copy before placing in a box. Include the binding form inside on top. You should make a copy of the form for your records as well.
- Attach a note on the outside of the box indicating how many total copies are requested to be bound, so the Library can enter this information on the bindery shipping record.
- Send this box to Rod Library-Resource Management, c/o Binding at mail code-3675; or you may deliver it to the Library. The Resource Management Unit is located by the Book Bistro dining area.
The Library will send your binding request to the bindery every three weeks with the scheduled shipment. When the items return from the bindery, they will be sent via campus mail back to the requesting department. The department will be invoiced directly by the bindery via email. If there is going to be a change in the departmental contact for emailed invoices, please let the bindery know by contacting Tammi Keefer, HF Group Customer Service Representative, at 1-800-334-3628, ext. 190, or by email at tkeefer@HFGroup.com. You may also contact her with any discrepancies or problems with binding.
Cost for binding theses and dissertations is $8.50 per item, book binding is $6.50, and periodical binding is $8.00.
Any questions about this procedure can be directed to Jackie Williams at 3-2860.
PLEASE NOTE: Binding requests for a student's personal copy of their thesis need to go directly to the bindery's website at: http:/IowaRegents.thesisondemand.com