Self-Service Electronic Document Delivery
Items that are needed quickly may be ordered directly from commercial document providers by library users who are willing to pay a fee. ConnectComplete will provide copies of journal articles by mail, e-mail and FAX. Documents can be paid for with a credit card with INGENTA.
Some libraries will allow dissertations to circulate via Interlibrary Loan. The interlibrary loan staff can usually determine the policy of the institution at which the dissertation is held and the costs involved in obtaining it. If the dissertation is not available for loan, you may purchase it from Proquest/Dissertations Express. Some of the formats and costs are available as follows:
- PDF (immediate download) ($37). An email with a link to the PDF document will be sent to you within 4 hours of your purchase. Please be sure to check your spam folder for the message if you do not receive it within this timeframe. Note that for each distributed copy of a graduate work, an additional PDF must be purchased.
- Custom PDF (3-5 day fulfillment) ($39). This title has not yet been digitized from our vault. An email with a link to the PDF document will be sent to you within 5 days of your purchase. Please be sure to check your spam folder for the message if you do not receive it within this timeframe. Note that for each distributed copy of a graduate work, an additional PDF must be purchase.
- Hardcover ($70). Available in 6"x'9, features blue hard cover with the title in white lettering on spine. Interior is printed on acid-free archival quality paper, 20 lb. weight. Ideal for library circulating collections and archives.
- Softcover ($54). Available in 6"x9", features blue soft cover with heavy-weight end-sheets; title on white label. Interior is printed on acid-free archival quality paper, 20 lb. weight. Even with soft binding, it's still manufactured for long-term use.
- Unbound ($39). These shrink-wrapped sets of loose 81/2' x 11' pages (convenient for note taking), on 20 lb. weight paper, are the quickest way to obtain a printed dissertation or thesis.
- Microfilm ($46) and Microfiche ($51). We offer 35mm in archival quality silver-gelatin film, and the same for fiche, with the polarity at positive (versus negative) for retail customers. Note that microfiche is only available for titles published from 1976 forward.
Any photocopy we receive from a lending institution in electronic format we will be able to deliver to your e-mail address via a .pdf attachment.
- You must specify request items to be delivered via e-mail at the Interlibrary Loan office
- You must provide an e-mail address
- Not all materials will be able to be delivered via e-mail
- All materials will be kept electronically for 7 days. If you are unable to view your document please alert the Interlibrary Loan Staff at Libill@uni.edu or at (319) 273-2912 to make a print copy available.