Rod Library offers computers for public use in several configurations. The use of library-owned computers is governed by the Acceptable Use Policy for Library Public Computers.
The library has four kiosk computers, one on each floor. On the 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors the kiosks are located near the main stairwell. On the main floor, the second floor, the kiosk is located to the right of the Library Services desk. These kiosks offer limited functionality, as they are intended to provide quick access to the library's catalog and provide a means for users to perform a self-service password reset.
There are 12 public use computers on the first floor.
- 5 are located in the North West corner
- 4 are located in the South West corner
- 1 is located to the right of the main stairwell
- 2 are located in the North East corner of the first floor -- both of these are connected to a microfilm reader
There is one print release station located on the first floor to the right of the stairwell, by the public kiosk.
Second Floor (main floor)
The second floor offers the widest variety of computers. A mix of dual and single monitor workstations, as well as rooms for collaboration.
- 16 are located in the North West Quadrant
- 8 are located on the North side of the library near room 282
- 10 are located near the elevators in the center of the building
- 28 are located in the South East Quadrant
- Room 218 has one computer with a large screen display
- Room 282 has one computer with two large screen displays
- Room 286 has two computers and a projector for display purposes
- Room 287 has a Microsoft Surface Hub available for collaboration
- Room 222 A/B are our music recording rooms
- Rooms 280/281 are our video production rooms
- Projection/Whiteboard Wall located near the Digital Media Hub
- Laptops are also available for check out from the Library Services desk
There are three print release stations located on the 2nd floor. One is located next to room 282, another in the center of the floor by the elevators, and the 3rd is just North of the West entrance. The color printer is also located on this floor and is next to the print release station near the elevators.
There are 57 public and lab use computers on the third floor, as well as rooms for collaboration.
- 1 is located near the main stairwell by the Public Kiosk and Print Release Station
- 2 are tucked away in the South East corner of the stacks
- 7 are located in Group Study Rooms -- these can be reserved via the RodScheduler, along with being able to see more specific information for each room
- 9 are located in the Youth Collection -- one of these computers utilizes a large screen TV instead of a monitor
- 1 is located in Special Collections and University Archives
- 4 are located outside of Special Collections -- these are reserved Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM for the CIEP Students
- Room 301 has one computer along with multiple display methods
- Room 324 has one computer along with multiple display methods
- Room 373 has 33 lab computers and a projector for display purposes
There is one print release station located near the main stairwell, by the public kiosk.
There are 30 public use computers on the fourth floor, as well as rooms for collaboration.
- 9 are located in Fine and Performing Arts Collection
- 2 are located in each corner (8 total)
- 2 are located to the right of the main stairwell
- 11 are located in Group Study Rooms -- these can be reserved via the RodScheduler, along with being able to see more specific information for each room
There is one print release station located in the Fine and Performing Arts Collection.