Emeritus Borrowing Information
Faculty and staff who have applied for and received Emeritus status at UNI have continued library privileges and may check out library materials.
The term "emeritus" is used to designate members of the faculty, institutional officials and P&S staff members with a minimum of twenty (20) years of creditable service in higher education who have terminated permanent (tenure/continuing service) full-time or part-time service with the University. Employees interested in applying for Emeritus status need to contact Human Resource Services. Once the application has been processed, Emeritus employees are given the following privileges:
- online remote access to some databases.
- place and receive interlibrary loan requests.
- access to e-books- eBook Academic Collection (EBSCOhost) and Gale eBooks
- access to Eduroam WiFi
- designate a proxy pickup and place holds at the Library Services Desk
- make room reservations via RodScheduler
- have continued support in research and scholarship with the opportunity to archive and disseminate works in UNI ScholarWorks, UNI's institutional repository
- apply for a Faculty study room.
Rod Library does not charge late fees on library materials. Once an item has reached its maximum overdue limit, patrons will be billed a replacement fee. If a patron has an overdue item that has been recalled, all borrowing privileges will be blocked. Borrowing privileges will be immediately reinstated once the recalled material is returned. Items may be returned up to one year after the original due date to receive a refund for the replacement fee. Refunds are not given if an item is returned over one year past the due date.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Renewal|
|End of Academic Year||2 Auto Renewals for an additional academic year|
|Bound Periodicals||1 day||None|
|Current issues of periodicals||1 day||None|
|Microforms||Building Use Only||None|
|Permanent Reserve||Building Use Only||None|
|Youth materials||2 weeks||2 Week renewal until the end of the semester|
|Interlibrary Loan||Dependent on Lending Library||Dependent on Lending Library|