Rod Library offers a digitization service to UNI faculty, staff and students for most of the circulating material in the Rod Library.
- When logged into your library account, search for the desired title.
- Listed at the top of the item in the library catalog, there will be a Request and a Request PDF of Book Chapter/Article option.
- Click on the Request PDF of Book Chapter/Article option, and fill out the request form completely.
- Rod Library is only able to fill partial scan requests that conform with Copyright guidelines.
- Once the request is approved, the average turn around time is 24 hours for requests placed Monday-Friday.
- The scanned files will be delivered to your email account.
- Visitors can request digitization of library materials through an online form.
If the OneSearch screen displays a red X and a notice indicating that the item is "Checked Out" that means the book is checked out and due on the date shown.
You can place a hold by:
- Bringing your ID card and the book's call number to the Library Services desk OR
- Calling the Library Services at 319-273-2838 with the call number.
Once a hold is placed on a book, a recall notice is sent to the person who has it. That person is entitled to keep the book for the full three-week loan period but may return it sooner knowing someone is waiting for it. You will be notified by email when the book becomes available. A pick-up deadline will be stated on the notice; if you have not come in for the book by that time, it will be returned to the shelves.
- You may request a search for items that have an "Available" status on the OneSearch screen, but are not on the shelves. Bring your ID and the book's call number to the Library Services desk. Library staff members will begin looking for it before 1:00 p.m. on the following weekday.
- Once the items is found, it will be held for you at the Library Services desk and you will be notified by email.
- Search requests may be made in person at the Library Services desk, by phone or online.