The Rod Library is more than a repository of books and periodicals at the University of Northern Iowa. It is an essential element of the campus learning community. The Library is both a gateway to historical and contemporary resources and a place where students, scholars and others come to imagine their future.
Our library provides a wealth of resources that support teaching, learning, and research across all departments. Thank you for your interest in supporting University of Northern Iowa Library! Your gift(s) will strengthen the UNI Library and help ensure that UNI students, faculty, and staff continue to have access to world-class library collections and resources.
You may designate your gift to one of the major funds identified at the UNI Foundation Give Now page.
- Library Fund for Excellence: A fund to support programming, employee recognition, and other non collections needs.
- Donald O. Rod Quasi-Endowed Acquisitions Fund: A fund to support purchase of library materials in any subject field. You can honor someone's accomplishments or achievements with our Honor With Books program!
- Juvenile Collection Quasi-Endowed Fund: A fund to support purchase of library materials for the Youth Collection.
- Friends of the UNI Museum Fund: Funding to support museum actives, exhibits, and student internships.
- Museum (Anthropology): Funding to support the purchase of objects to expand the collection at the UNI Museum
- UNI Museum Youth Education Fund: Funding to provide field trips and student activities at the UNI Museum and the Marshall Center School
- UNI Museum Internship Fund: Provides funds to hire student interns who are interested in the museum profession
- Rural School House Renovation Fund: A fund to support the ongoing preservation of the museum's one room schoolhouse.
- Museum Fund: Provides funding for exhibits and the preservation of over 150,000 objects.
Rod Library also accepts donations of books and other gifts-in-kind. Please see our Gifts-in-Kind Policy for more information.
Your support is greatly appreciated.