Information for Students
The library plays a big role in your academic experience. These popular services go beyond the books and are available to all UNI students.
- Accessibility Services
- Exhibit cases can be reserved for your group or organization.
- Lockers: Lockers, available semester by semester, are located on the first floor and can be checked out at the Library Services desk. All library material must be checked out before being stored in a locker. A library employee will periodically search these lockers and remove library material that is not properly checked out.
- Lost and Found
- Library Accounts
- Student Employment
- Undergraduate Research Award - Mary Ann Bolton Research Award
Computers & Equipment
- Check out laptops and accessories, or use computers in the library
- Get technology help
- Assistive technology equipment is located near room 222 and in study room 315. Some software is loaded on all public machines.
Find, Borrow & Request
- Borrow materials like books, laptops, umbrellas and more
- Course reserves are located at the Library Services desk or online
- Loan Periods for undergraduate and graduate students
- Renew library materials
- Return library materials using the drop box on the east side of the building or the book drop box by Gilchrist Hall.
Print, Scan & Copy
- Six printers are located in the library for printing and copying. Three are on the main floor and one each on first, third and fourth floors.
- Use our three KIC Scanners or our digital scanners to scan your documents.
- Print on the go with IT's Mobile Print Release.
- Reserve a study or meeting room
- Visit our cafe, Book Bistro, for a drink, snack or meal.